Pride In McAlester is offering a $500 scholarship opportunity to recognize outstanding community leadership in young people and help students reach their academic goals.
To be eligible, scholarship applicants must have participated in a leadership role in community service work and volunteer activities. They must also meet the following criteria:
• Be enrolled as a Senior at McAlester High School and have a grade point average above 3.00 on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent); and
• Plan to enroll in the Fall of 2014 as a full-time student in an undergraduate course of study at an accredited two or four year college or university.
A scholarship committee will carefully review each application in search of the most deserving recipient. Judges will consider several criteria, including:
• Leadership experience in community service and volunteer activities;
• Academic grade point average;
• The content of a typed 500-word essay submission;
• Letter(s) of recommendation;
• Official high school transcript; and
• Number of volunteer hours.
The scholarship award is for one year only and is limited to undergraduate study.
Applications will be accepted from December 16, 2013 through March 14, 2014.
(Click on flyer to enlarge.)